Travelling to another country or city is always stimulating: getting to know other cultures, escaping routine, living a new experience… We usually travel by plane and, once at the destination, we use public transport, but more and more people are encouraged to use a rental car to move around during their holidays.
It is a great alternative to move around while you are on vacation without having to depend on the schedules and the little flexibility of public transport. A means of locomotion gives you total autonomy to visit a city. Visit drivy.co.uk/ and learn more about car rental. Read on and discover the many advantages of renting a car on holiday.
The advantages of renting a car on holiday
You will be able to move freely, without timetables or restrictions. Plan your trip as you want, with a rental car you have a route to measure and depending on the demands of the moment.
Almost all rental companies offer their services at the airport, so you can pick up your vehicle as soon as you land and drive to your hotel without having to pay for a taxi or bus. I remind you that if you don’t travel by plane, you can also pick up your vehicle at train stations and offices located in the city center.
For example, renting a car in Madrid, Barcelona or Malaga can cost 5-10€/day, depending on the vehicle category selected. If you want to visit a big city, public transport may be a reasonable option, but if you want to make the most of your time and visit the surroundings, having your own vehicle is undoubtedly the best option.
Choose the model that suits you best, from a small convertible to walk through the coves of Mallorca with your partner to a family car to travel with the whole family across Europe. You will be able to choose exactly what you need and consult prices before making any reservation.
Advices on how to rent a car on holiday
Have we convinced you to rent a car? Then follow our advice so that everything comes out to order:
- Use a price comparator, such as Auto Europe, so you can see prices based on destination, type of vehicle and supplier. You’ll get the best price, for sure. If you have any questions, call the customer’s attention and make sure that you understand and comply with all the insurance-related terms and conditions.
- When you arrive at your destination, all you have to do is go to the office of the company with which you have contracted the service and present the documentation.
- Remember that to pick up the vehicle you will always need a credit card in the name of the driver, and it will retain the deposit or deposit. Ah! And do not forget the driver’s license is a requirement for renting the car.
Avoid rentals with ‘full empty’ fuel policies, as the company will charge you the fuel tank at a higher price and you will have to return it as empty as possible. The best option is ‘full-full’ where you will receive the car with a full tank and you will have to return it anyway.
- Check the car when it is delivered and make sure it has no defects.
- If you are taking a car-trip route, please note that many suppliers offer the possibility of picking up the car in one city and returning it in another. Ask if there is any additional cost as there is usually a small supplement to be paid.
- In the event of any unforeseen event, always call the company/intermediary with whom you rented the vehicle so that they can tell you how to proceed in any situation.
If you’ve ever had the feeling that you haven’t made the most of your time during your holidays, you know that a rental car will allow you to make the most of your time. Do you want to travel your destination on a 4-wheel drive?